Monday, August 27, 2012

23-24/66

Wow, its been a while. I've had a lot going on in my life recently, big transitions and the like, but I'm going to try and be more consistent with blogging this semester. I do have a lot more of the Bible to read, so I will continue to be documenting that, as well as more of my day to day life (I hope). Speaking of reading the Bible, I have finished both Isaiah and Jeremiah on schedule. These were tough books to get through, mainly because of their length. They were also on some difficult themes, especially Jeremiah. God's people have ceased being faithful to Him, and so he exiles them to Babylon. Jerusalem falls, as do kings. Jeremiah spent his time calling out to the people, asking them to repent, but his message fell on deaf ears. It was a good reminder for me because I am often guilty of the same thing in my life. If something God puts on my heart is not what I want to hear, my first instinct is to ignore it and do my own thing, which eventually gets me into trouble. Isaiah and Jeremiah challenged me to not only pay attention to what God is teaching me and telling me, but to follow through and actually act on those things. It's not an easy thing to do, but it's very rewarding.
Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment