Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Currently

So my roommate Sarah jumped on the 'Currently' bandwagon, which reminded me that I was going to try and blog more this semester, so here's a post to start off my week. And, I somehow always forget to give credit where credit is due for these posts. So, thanks to Danielle from Sometimes Sweet for the inspiration for these posts.

Loving: My living situation this year. It's one hundred times better than the dorms and my roommates are awesome. This is going to be a good year.

Watching: I just finished re-watching seasons one through six of How I Met Your Mother. I love that show, and I can't wait for season eight to premiere at the end of this month. I'm actually excited about a lot of fall premieres. The Voice and Glee both start next week, Survivor and The Office the week after that, How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory the week after that, and Once Upon a Time at the very end of the month. I don't know how I'm going to find the time to follow all of these shows and keep up with school and work, but I'll find a way, haha.

Thinking about: Lots of different little things, nothing specific really. I have a lot to look forward to and a lot to focus on, so I'm practicing taking things one day at a time and not letting myself get overwhelmed by everything.

Anticipating: Starting my new job. I have been hired by Albuquerque Public Schools to be an AVID tutor. I'm very excited to have this job, and am looking forward to starting. I also am anticipating a phone call from another job I interviewed for. I think I got that job, but I won't know for sure until I get the phone call. Hopefully the news is good.

Listening to: The greatest Pandora station ever. It's the Wicked Soundtrack station, and it has music from Wicked and various other Broadway musicals, Glee and Disney movies. I have this stuff playing constantly. I'm kind of a nerd, but I'm okay with that.

Eating: A lot of sandwiches. I'm responsible for my own grocery shopping this semester, so I basically just buy bread, peanut butter and jelly. I also have some pretty decent frozen meals, as well as honey wheat pretzels. Those pretzels are delicious paired with peanut butter and jelly. Pretty much, I like peanut butter and try to eat it on as many things as possible.

Working on: Balance. I have a lot of work for each of my classes this semester, and now I'll be working one, possibly two jobs. I also need to start a budget to manage my money and be responsible. I of course want to have fun and be with people this semester, so I'm going to need to practice excellent time management skills. This will definitely be a busy semester, but I'm looking forward to it.

Wishing: That I lived closer to home. We had a three day weekend last weekend, and I would have loved to go home for it.
Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment