In the midst of working on the mountains of homework I've accumulated in the two weeks I've been back at school, I was given a Liebster Award by my dear friend Jacqueline at A Clever Atrocity. It's a neat way to bring attention to smaller blogs with not a lot of followers. Totally cool, right? So, here are the rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left
3. Ask 11 questions for those you nominate
4. Choose 11(I'll probably cheat here...) bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
And here we go...
1. I love to read. It's my stress reliever and the absolute best way I know to relax after a crazy day/week.
2. I barely know how to cook. When I'm at school, I live off of granola bars, cereal and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. My mom did give me her old crock pot, however, so *fingers crossed* for this semester.
3. If I don't get a cup of coffee in the morning, I probably won't be much good for anything the entire day.
4. I really want to start getting tattoos. I think they're beautiful and unique and just perfect.
5. I have a lot of ear piercings. I have my lobes pierced three times on each side, a piercing on my left ear and a tragus piercing on my right ear. I also have my nose pierced.
6. I have to have nail polish on my nails at all times. It really annoys me when they're unpolished, and I often repaint them at the first signs of chipping or wear.
7. I want to be creative and fun with my make-up, but my attempts to follow tutorials on Pinterest or YouTube are epic and total failures, so my make-up routine hasn't changed in ages.
8. If I don't go to bed at a decent hour (a.k.a before 10:30), I'm absolutely exhausted the next day, and it will take a couple nights of good sleep to get me back on track.
9. When I clean, it's all or nothing. I can live with clutter up to a certain point, but when I reach the breaking point, I go all out and deep clean everything, and will most likely reorganize my things in the process.
10. While I communicate with most people in my life through technology, my best friend from high school and I write letters to each other instead. Letters from her always put a smile on my face and make my whole day brighter.
11. I miss my cat a ton. I cannot wait until I can bring her to New Mexico to live with me and keep me company and snuggle with me and all the great cat things that cats do to make life better.
1. If you could look different in any way, even if impossible, what would you look like?
I would definitely have longer, thicker hair, clear, healthy skin, and probably a nicer smile with better, whiter teeth. Also if my problem areas were to disappear, I wouldn't complain, but I'm trying to have a healthier body image, so I don't want to make that a priority.
2. How do you express your creativity?
Um...I think visually. I don't create much on my own, but I love collecting things that others have created that I find beautiful. This is one of the reasons I really like Pinterest and Instagram. It lets me keep things I find pretty or interesting or visually pleasing in one place for me to look at and share with others. (Another reason I want tattoos. What better way to share the artwork of others than by providing your own body as a canvas?)
3. What makes you uncomfortable?
New situations and experiences for sure. I also struggle with self-confidence, so any situation where eyes are on me, I tend to experience a fair amount of anxiety.
4. What is your passion?
It sounds incredibly corny, but I'm finding that working with kids is something I really love. I worked at a summer camp last summer, and it was a fantastic experience. I also work with middle schoolers and high schoolers in a school setting, and I find that I find more and more to be passionate about every day.
5. Any hidden talents?
I've been told that my sarcasm is rich, haha.
6. If money was no issue, what would you do with your life?
Travel. Be a wife and mom.
7. What outfit makes you feel best about yourself?
A great pair of jeans, a colorful top, maybe a cute cardigan or sweater (preferably with lace detail somewhere) and my most recent shoe splurge, the charcoal gray wedge booties from TOMS.
8. Who are you closest to?
I'd have to say my mom. She knows when to let me vent and be upset about something and when to tell me to cut the crap and be a grown up. She's the best.
9. To procreate or not to procreate?
10. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
As much as I would miss everything else, pizza with pepperoni and mushroom is probably the one food I could never get sick of.
11. Who do you miss most in the world?
Again, I'd have to say it's my mom. I miss a lot of other people, but I honestly don't know what I would do without my mom and living so far away from her is hard.
And finally, my questions for my nominee:
1. If you have a smart phone, what is your favorite thing about it and why? And if you don't have a smart phone, do you want one? Why or why not?
2. What was/is your favorite thing about school?
3. If your life had a sound track, what would be your theme song?
4. Favorite TV show and why.
5. Pet peeves?
6. What was your favorite memory of 2012?
7. Anything exciting coming in 2013?
8. If you randomly got the afternoon off, what would you do with the free time?
9. Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
10. The reader in me has to ask: What's your favorite book/author/series?
11. How do you find contentment in your day to day life?
My nominee is:
Sarah at [insert witty title here]
Thanks for providing me with such a fun diversion, Jaco! Love you!