Saturday, April 21, 2012

11/66

Woooo! I am one sixth of the way finished with my read through the Bible in a year plan! I'm so glad that I decided to do this for 2012. The Bible is such an amazing book and has a great many life lessons to be learned. I'm learning so much from this journey and can't wait to continue to have God teach me through His word. The book I just finished is I Kings. David is no longer king of Israel and his son Solomon takes the throne. Solomon started out as a God-honoring king, but by the end of his life, he had been pulled away from worshiping the Lord. Solomon was the last king to rule over the entire twelve tribes of Israel. After that, Israel and Judah were separate kingdoms. There were a few God-fearing kings of Judah, but each king of Israel was worse than the last. In I Kings, we meet the prophet Elijah, who spoke out against these fallen kings and always put the Lord first. Because these kings pushed God out of their lives, they suffered and their thrones did not last. Lots of lessons to be learned from the events of I Kings.
Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment