Friday, January 14, 2011

Books

I love getting new books. I love the crack of the brand new binding, the smell of untouched pages and the feel of the smooth new cover. That being said, I love my new books more when they are falling apart and well worn. The ones that look the worst are actually the best, because those are the ones I have read the most. I want a bookshelf that covers an entire wall filled to the brim with books. I will (probably) never switch to a Kindle or Nook. I love the process of picking up a book, turning the pages and sticking a bookmark in to save my place. Traveling with books can be a bit of a pain, but I am definitely willing to put up with it. Gutenberg is one of my heroes, because his printing press began it all. I especially appreciate what he did because he began with the Bible, my favorite book of all time. I have been branded the ultimate nerd, but I am perfectly content with this title. Reading has always been my favorite pastime and it probably always will be.
Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment