Saturday, May 12, 2012

Currently

The house I'm living in next semester is beautiful with tons of character. I'm super excited to call this home.


Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. I'm not very far, but I like it so far, which surprised me. It's a non-fiction novel about cancerous cells taken from a woman and grown in a lab and the controversy that surrounds the HeLa cells. The author does a great job of discussing all the science/medical terminology in a way that is accessible to people like me who aren't at home with that sort of thing. I'll let you know what I think when I finish the book.
Watching: At the moment, I'm flipping back and forth between HGTV and the Food Network. It's been nice to just chill out on a comfy couch and watch some of my favorite shows, like Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, and House Hunters.
Thinking about: I'm mentally organizing all the stuff I just moved out of my dorm. I need to sort through and decide what I'm leaving in Albuquerque for the summer and what I'm going to take home with me for the summer. I also should probably throw out some stuff and maybe set aside some clothes to donate. You don't realize how much stuff you really have until you have to box it all up and move it.
Anticipating: Summer. I am so excited for sunny days spent at the beach, relaxing by the pool, visiting with friends and enjoying life. I do have a job this summer, but I'll be working at a Christian camp in California, so I think it will be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it.
Listening to: The same old stuff, really. Nothing new or exciting on the music front.
Eating: Granola cereal, which is really good, but after watching Food Network all afternoon, it's just not all that appetizing. I really want to go out to a good restaurant for some fantastic food right now...
Working on: The play! We're less than a week away from our first show, and things are starting to get crazy. It's all coming together very nicely though and I am so proud of these kids. They really are putting their hearts into this show and it's very obvious that they all love to act. This internship has been so rewarding and I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to work with this class this semester.
Wishing: That my family was here. Mother's Day is tomorrow and my mom is two states away. I'm pretty homesick right about now, especially now that school is done for the summer. This week will be really busy and I'm thankful for that, since the busier I am, the faster time seems to go. I do need to find something to keep me occupied tomorrow, though, just so the day doesn't drag on. Another thing I'm wishing? That I had the guts to do something radical and crazy to my hair. Amber, who writes one of the blogs I read, just got a sweet new 'do, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment