Monday, April 22, 2013

Currently!

Hey! I knew making a weekly feature would lead to more blogging eventually. I'm actually just avoiding doing my homework, but blogging is productive too, right? I was also going to include a picture of my new haircut in this post, but I'm too picky about any pictures that I take right now, so that will come later, I promise, as well as the story that goes with it. Oh, yes, my hair cut has its own story. Anyway, here's what's going on in my life currently.

Loving/Making me happy: Free time. I don't have a lot of it right now, and with finals coming up, I really should be using every spare moment to study or be productive, but I forgot how great free time is. I just can't make myself work more than I have to right now, which is a really lazy attitude to have, but my brain needs a break, I think, or, at least, that's how I'm justifying the bits of time I choose to waste rest.
Watching: I am working my way through every episode of Friends ever made. I'm in the middle of season 8 right now, and I can't believe that I haven't ever watched this show before! I love it, and it also explains so much about my dad. He used to watch this show all the time, and so he'll quote it randomly and I never got the reference before now.
Also, side note for any of you who watch Survivor. Wasn't last week's tribal council one of the greatest things you've ever watched? I danced and jumped around the basement by myself in an explosion of glee. Anyone else? No? Just me? Sweet.
Looking forward to: Ireland! I made a countdown on my phone and I have 9 weeks, 4 days, 14 hours and 40 minutes until I leave for the Emerald Isle. I bought my ticket last week, my passport came, I've registered for one of the two classes I'll be taking and I'm getting really excited to go.
Listening to: At this very moment, Demi Lovato's new single "Heart Attack" is playing. I really like this song and Demi and...it's just great. I've had the Demi Lovato station on Pandora playing constantly this last week. No shame here.
Eating: I just finished a super tasty Oreo McFlurry. Oreos+soft serve vanilla ice cream=heaven
Reading: Well, I'm reading this book called Ready Player One by Ernest Cline for my book club right now. It's interesting, but it's got a lot of references to obscure '80's video games, and I'm not a big gamer myself, so I feel like I'm missing a lot. I'm about a third of the way through right now, and I still don't really know how I feel about the book. We'll see. I did promise myself that after finals are over, I can buy myself a copy of Les Misérables to read over the summer. I CAN'T wait for that.

Thanks for reading my rambling, scattered Currently post, and thanks to Danielle at Sometimes Sweet for the inspiration for this post. If you do your own Currently post, link back in my comments so I can read yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment