Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Hair, as promised

please excuse the iPhone picture...

So, I mentioned in my last post that I got a hair cut that's a little different from how I usually get it cut. I've been trying to grow my hair out for a while now, and I was needing a trim, so I went with my roommate to the Aveda Institute here in town, since I'm a broke college student and can't afford to go to an actual salon where stylists give you the haircut you ask for. Now, I did ask for a slightly shorter cut and told the stylist that I wanted to take two inches off, since my ends were terrible. I even used my hand to visually show the girl where I wanted to be length-wise. And then she took her scissors and chopped like five inches of hair off my head. "I don't want to cut it too short," she said. "So I'm just going to cut and you can tell me if you want it shorter." And then she cut. "How's that?" "Good. No shorter. That length is good." She finished my hair and I left. I know I'm kind of being a baby about this, but it was shocking at the time. It will grow back eventually, and my hair feels so healthy now, so that's a bonus. I was just a little bitter at first. The short hair is growing on me, pun intended, haha. Anyway, I have short hair now, just so you all know. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment