Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sirius Black

Oh, goodness. What is the obsession with Harry Potter? It's not even that good. I'll admit, there are parts of it that are interesting, but I wish that JKR would just get on with the plot already! I mean seriously. The characters are a bunch of babies (with a very small group of exceptions) and the story line is lengthy. Not as lengthy as Eragon, which I intend to discuss at a later date, but still long and very drawn out. I am one of the only people I know who hasn't read the series, so I'm totally out of the loop when I'm around those that have, which is the only reason I am putting up with this crap in the first place. I know what happens in the end, but when people start to discuss characters or specific plot events, I'm toast. The only reason I haven't put the third one down yet is because of Sirius Black. He is definitely my favorite. I already know that he isn't bad though. Rowling isn't very subtle with her foreshadowing. It's almost painful how obvious some of this stuff is. I don't understand how these books have made bestseller lists and all that jazz. They're just like Twilight. I mean seriously. Everyone is always raving about how much better Harry Potter is than Twilight, and I'm of the opinion that they both suck equally for different reasons. I regret deciding to read these. I would stop, but as I said before, I can't abandon Sirius now. I'm not making any promises on the fourth book. I can't stand Harry or Malfoy. Ron and Hermoine aren't awful, but they aren't great either. Snape is a pain as is Dumbledore. Who has a name like Dumbledore anyway? And don't even get me started on Voldemort. At least James was somewhat sinister. The only good thing about Harry Potter is Harry Potter spoofs. Those are super great. In fact, here's a great one. Makes me laugh every time I see it. So, I'll leave you all to ponder and enjoy A Very Potter Musical
Love, Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment