Monday, September 20, 2010

This is the song that never ends...

Every day feels so much longer than the last. I feel like there is no time for anything anymore, hence the fact that I haven't posted in a week. When I feel like the whole world is rushing around me, I like to stop and think about some of the positive things that have been going on. For example, my high school football team totally smashed on our cross town rivals and the game this week is against our mortal enemies to win back the BELL. The school is crazy with spirit this week. High school football is so much fun. My friends all laugh at me because I get so into the game, but I just can't help myself. Why go to a sporting event if you don't participate? Another fantastic thing in my life: ABS has started back up. ABS stands for area Bible studies. It's my church's high school youth group program that allows us to fellowship on a more intimate level. We meet at different houses and have our studies in small groups of like 8 to 12. I love, love, LOVE ABS. Since I go to a public school, being able to meet and have meaningful discussions with other high schoolers is such a blessing to me. I can honestly say that my ABS group really kept me going last year and I know they will do the same for me this year. No matter how much you tell yourself you have everything under control, it's nice to have a strong group supporting you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment