Saturday, February 18, 2012

Currently


Obsessing over: My book club. My youth group started one this month and I love it. We're in the middle of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer right now and I absolutely love it. It's an amazing read and it adds an entirely new dimension to the shared tragedy of 9/11.

Working on: A presentation for my internship. I think I've talked about my internship before, but pretty much it's a Shakespeare class for homeschool kids. We're reading Macbeth and then we'll be performing it later this spring. Each of the interns has to give a presentation related to the topic of Shakespeare or the play. Since the group has only done plays from the Elizabethan era of Shakespeare's writing, and this play was written while James I was king of England, I chose to present on his mother, Mary, Queen of Scots, and her relationship with Queen Elizabeth and the events that led to James becoming king of England. It's a really interesting topic, and Mary was a fascinating lady, so I'm excited to do this presentation.

Thinking about: The amount of work I need to get done this weekend. I have two tests, a quiz, a presentation and a job interview next week. I have a lot to prepare for and hopefully I get it all done this weekend.

Anticipating: Spring break. I'm planning a road trip with a couple of friends. We're going to drive to my home in California for a few days and do a lot of fun stuff, like Disneyland, the beach and a fancy dinner out. We're all really looking forward to it, and I can't wait to be home again, since it will be the last time for quite a while.

Listening to: My iTunes on shuffle. The song playing right now is Whispers in the Dark by Skillet, but the song I've been playing over and over again is called This is War by 30 Seconds to Mars. I was browsing through my tumblr dashboard and someone posted a video that used this song. I loved it and had to have it, so I bought it.

Eating: A toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat bread. Delicious.

Wishing: That my classes didn't start so early in the morning. By the time Friday rolls around, I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment