Thursday, August 19, 2010

End of Summer Woes

The days between me and the beginning of school are disappearing. Summer assignments are glaring at me, taunting me, mocking me. Back to school shopping is bittersweet because it's always fun to shop, but the fact that the things being bought are school related sucks some of the joy out of the experience. I'm a little bit hesitant to dread the beginning of school because this is, in fact, my senior year. One year stands between me and college. I am so looking forward to graduation. I can't wait to start fresh somewhere else. I love where I live but I think I'm ready for some independence, some responsibilities. I do wish, however, that this summer would last forever. I don't have a real job and I've been free to do whatever. Next summer just won't be the same. As of right now, I'm feeling that the sooner I get started, the sooner I can get this year over with. I'll let you know how I'm feeling after my first day. Ugh.
On a lighter note, I get to dress up and go to dinner tonight with my grandparents. My grandpa just turned seventy-three and he is taking my family out to celebrate. Wish me luck-my mom is making me drive and I've not made this trip before while I'm behind the wheel, so this has the potential to be disasterous. I'll probably be fine, but you never know what the other crazy drivers are going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment