Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Non-existant

So, school has been in session for almost a week and a half. I think it's about time I elaborated on my classes. I've a pretty good idea of whether or not I like them, so here it is.
First period I am a TA for THE best teacher on campus. This is by far my favorite class of the day.
Second period is Spanish 4 AP. Sounds tough, but honestly I'm willing to put in the work. I love foreign language.
Third period is British Literature AP. I'm a little bit worried about this class. I like the teacher, and I love to read, but the Old English stuff is frightening. No wonder I dislike the English language.
Fourth period is AP Psychology. I thought I would like this class more because I like the teacher, but so far it's pretty boring. It will get better, but I'm used to a different class style. (In case you haven't noticed, I'm not super adaptable.)
Fifth period is French III. Again, a hard class but I'm going to work hard at it because foreign language is something I want to pursue in college.
Finally, sixth period is AP Government and Economics. My feelings on this class change daily. Some days are much better than others.
After school, I manage the girl's cross country team. I enjoy helping out, but it's too hot for me to really enjoy it right now.
And then I come to the worst part of my day: lunch (or any other social, non-class setting). I am dead serious right now. My sarcasm hand is not raised. I've been feeling rather disconnected and out of the loop lately. It will probably pass and things will go back to normal, but right now it sucks. I dislike feeling like I don't exist. Who knew how much a half-hour could bring down a whole day? It makes it hard to remember that, in God's eyes, I definitely do exist and there definitely is someone who is interested in what I have to say.
Okay, my sad little confession time is over. Good night all.
Love, Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment