Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer Storm

Oh, how I love the smell of rain! It doesn't ever rain here, since we live in the desert, but heat storms roll through every now and then. Lightening and thunder are all over the place. I'm told that a few areas of desert got some rain today, but not where I live. :( I did take some pictures though, because it was so wonderfully dark beyond the little mountain range I live by. Please excuse my super amateur photography. I can't help but share the pretty sky with you.
Sigh. I love the rain. But only desert rain. The drops are big and the air is warm. It's totally unique and I <3 it! The other nice thing about it is that it doesn't happen all the time. It would be depressing if it rained everyday. Some people love it, and more power to them. I am not one of those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment